Food That Kills - Part 3 of 6
(4114 views) Uploaded 7/19/2010 by DianeDi (100 videos) | Learn more at: http://www.youtube.com/user/UMakeTheConnection?feature=mhee
||Explore the consequences of a meat (animal based) diet. Are we really designed to be omnivores OR does a plant based diet suit us best?
* The third highest cause of deaths in the US is what is termed "iatrogenic", which means "induced in a patient by a physician's activity, manner, or therapy." This accounts for an estimated 225,000 deaths per annum which is about 10% of total deaths from all causes including old age. Of these, 12,000 deaths result from unnecessary surgery. The highest cause of deaths in the US is heart disease (725,000) and the 2nd highest is cancer (549,000). Both of these were almost unheard of at the beginning of the twentieth century.
* 180,000 deaths a year occur due to adverse reactions to prescription medications. By comparison, general accidents in life account for 98,000 per annum. This includes 42,000 from car accidents, 120 from airline crashes**, 90 from being struck by lightning** and 5 from Anthrax (in 2001). 15,500 die from murders and 20,000 from flu or its complications.
**averaged over 2-3 decades
Causes of Death Further Breakdown
1. Tobacco 435,000
2. Poor diet and physical inactivity 400,000
3. Alcohol consumption 85,000
4. Infectious agents (e.g., influenza and pneumonia) 75,000
5. Toxic agents (e.g., pollutants and asbestos) 55,000
6. Motor vehicle accidents 43,000
7. Firearms 29,000
8. Sexual behavior 20,000
9. Illicit use of drugs 17,000
* Despite all the media hype about how good the US medical system is and how we're winning the war against cancer, these statistics tell a very different story.
Learn more at: http://www.youtube.com/user/UMakeTheConnection?feature=mhee
foods that kill
high blood pressure
plant based diet
Rate This Video: 2
Share this video on your site or blog. Just copy & paste one of the following:
Is there something wrong with this video or viewer comment? Please let us know:
Viewer Comments (0 total)
Be the first to comment on this video.
Related NaturalNews Articles